Tuesday, August 5, 2008

50 words and five pages

The first draft of my treatment is DONE! I'm having it looked at by three people - one knows the subject matter and is good with structure, one who can look at it from a producer's perspective, and then a general email to The Table (ie anyone in the industry who will take the time to read it). I realized I know a lot more about the social causes I'm speaking for than I realized. As for films or TV that cover the same subject matter? Going on a road trip to find answers - sure, finding your birth parents - yup, finding out you were sold by a baby broker, visiting your estranged adoptive parents, other casualties while one of the birth mothers, a professional searcher is conducting a traditional search? Hmm, don't think so. I also decided that I wanted to highlight technology as one of the main reasons why I was able to make the connections I've already made. Sponsor please? I will be blogging on the road and using my iPhone to keep in touch with people, take quick photos (especially self portraits), get information and news while the camera is rolling, and er, get directions.
I'm pretty excited - now I can start meeting people who will come on board as advisors. I needed to have the goods before I was just talking about an idea. Next up, the funding trailer...

0 comments: